My Nephew Alan

My Nephew Alan

domenica 11 novembre 2007

Del.icio.us is an outstanding revelation



HI my blogfriends!!!
As Sarah and my peers have already pointed out Social Bookmarking is a practical and effective way to store and share our favourite websites and blogs online. I wouldn’t be repetitive and I prefer to stress another aspect of it … in other words the use we are going to do with del.icio.us…. I mean.. We are going to share really useful English learning websites. I consider quite interesting practise our English on the web and for a while forget our academic and pedantic grammar books…

For this reason my blogmates and I chose to share some websites focusing on topics which aren’t usually treated exhaustively in our school books or in class. First of all I added a Listening website which provides amazing transcript games.

Then, I noticed that most of us found useful adding some Pronunciation website... from my personal experience it's really important because over the years I’ve been learning English.. you know.. I don’t want really people to hear immediately that I’m Italian and above all I’ve sometimes spoke with mother-tongue English speakers who really can’t easily understand me…it’s a shame when all the English we’ve learned is wasted because people can’t understand us!!!! We need work on our pronunciation as well, before learning new words..

Moreover, we subscribed a website based on phrasal verbs and idioms in English, because we are always coming across a great many of typical or fixed expressions when we listen to and read English. They are in such widespread use that it is inappropriate to ignore them. Even then, there may be language we wouldn’t use…in other words.. we should be selective and think: “would I never say it? When? Who to?” and if we end up it’s not useful…we don’t need to bother trying to learn it..

In the end, I’m quite satisfied with what we’ve learnt this week.. because we are going to leave out our grammar books. I don’t want to say that we have to set fire to our books because we all know that it’s good to use grammar correctly and grammar does help us speak more accurately…but it’s time for us to experience other aspects of a language, if we’re always thinking about grammar rules, it can stop us being fluent...
That's all..
BYEEEEE

Nessun commento: