My Nephew Alan

My Nephew Alan

domenica 4 novembre 2007

Bloglines?!! WhAt Is iT?


Hi my blogfriends,

I must confess that during our last lab lesson I often got lost…I couldn’t understand what the purpose of the lesson was.. if at the beginning of our course I was bad informed about blogsphere, what I can say about bloglines??!!! It was completely something new for me..

Anyway, fortunately I later realized that Bloglines is a great, web-based way to read our feeds. Using Bloglines is smooth and easy and we can even subscribe to searches in either our or all feeds and publish a blog with remarkable simplicity.

In fact during the lesson, our teacher Sarah showed us how we have to subscribe to as well as read individual feeds via the web portal, which provides us with the ability to access my feeds from any computer, not just the computer on which I have installed a particular RSS Reader.

In the end, I find it quite useful, because it reduce the time and effort needed to regularly check websites for updates. Once subscribed to a feed, an aggregator is able to check for new content at user-determined intervals and retrieve the update.
bye bye

4 commenti:

Cristina ha detto...

Hi!
It is very encouraging to see that I have not be the only one who got lost doing this activity! Luckily Sarah explained everything very well to us, and step by step, I feel that it is not that complicated anymore! Feed aggregator is a very useful tool that helps us a lot! We can subscribe to the web sites and blogs that we prefer and we can create play list too! That’s great!! In this way all our sources of information are well organized and easy to consult! Now that we have created our account in bloglines, we don’t need to check our peers’ blogs one by one anymore! Our personal secretary will do it for us, and we will just open bloglines page to see all the news!

Valeria ha detto...

Hi Ely!
Like you, I also found Bloglines and feeds aggregator completely a new thing for me. Now I can say that they permit you to spare time, because instead of going every time on the websites or blogs you want to check, they do this work for you. I think that this system is useful above all for those who often visit a big number of sites or blogs; when I connect to Internet usually I don’t surf too much and I visit more or less the same sites, but I found Bloglines useful to check the blogs of my peer group.
Bye!
Vale

elenacarlet ha detto...

Hi Elisa!!
As I said to the other members of our group, Bloglines was completely new for me....at the beginning, when I wasn't able to watch the videos, I didn't know what to do!!what a mess!! Then, watching the videos everything became clearer and clearer to me and I could finally appreciate Bloglines!!
Ah! congratulations for your blog!!I like it very much!!good job!
see you tomorrow!!
Elena

monica ha detto...

Hi girls,
I apologize for being late with my comments. You know, we always talk about Internet as an essential tool in our everyday life ut I realize how essential it is only when it doesn't work in my house. It's what happened this week and I really got lost.
I decided to post a single comment to all your posts because I saw that we all agree on the importance Bloglines has and on the advantages it brings to us.
I especially remember how Cristina defined it, "a kind of secretary". That's right,here, instead of having a person who can follow and tide up our works we have the Bloglines with its feeds, aggregators, playlists,etc. which do all this for us and help us to keep everything under control.
I agree with Elisa when she is saying that knowledge of this kind is essential in our era of technology and Web. However, in this huge world of the Web where you can find whatever you want but, at the same time, you may easily get lost it is fundamental to get updated on the new technological tools which can avoid wasting time.
Bye